Information for Parents Visiting Outside Parents Week: We welcome any parents or families who would…
Your semester in Austria will challenge you intellectually, spiritually, and personally. Below are your next steps!
- Get your passport. Having your passport is a good idea anyhow, but you need to have it the semester prior to your Austria semester. Your passport must be valid for 6 months following the END of your semester to get your student visa. See the “Traveling to Austria” tab for more.
- Talk to your advisor. To make sure your Austria semester fits well within your academic plan, talk with your advisor and plan the classes you are going to take in Austria. See the Academics in Austria page for more.
- APPLY! Submit your Austria Application for the semester you are hoping to study abroad. Applications open a year out.
- DEPOSIT! After completing your application, submit your $200 Austria deposit to have the best chance of being accepted for the semester.
- Line up your finances. Tuition, room, and board at our program in Austria are exactly the same as here on campus, but students generally need about $3,000-$5,000 to spend on travel and personal expenses while in Austria.
- DON’T MISS A PRE-DEPARTURE MEETING! During the semester prior to your Austria adventure, there will be a series of very important pre-departure meetings where you will learn how to prepare for the voyage. You DON’T want to miss it!